“Therefore, as you received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in him, rooted and built up in him and established in the faith, just as you were taught, abounding in thanksgiving.” Colossians 2:6-7 ESV
When you want to learn about someone, what do you do? Don’t we search the Internet and see what we can find out. Don’t we ask people who may personally know the person? Maybe we may eventually schedule a visit and spend time with the person.
So why read the Bible? Here are some practical, everyday what-if questions that point to the Bible.
* What if you had the means to develop a more intimate relationship with the Living God finding out more about Him? His heart? His mind? His character?
* What if you could better understand the interrelationship between His work on earth and heaven?
* What if you could learn ways to unleash His authority to impact your world today?
* What if you could explore and truly integrate the impact of heavenly Virtue into your micro world?
* What if you could discover how to fully merge the spiritual treasurers of heaven into the physical realities of everyday life?
* What if you could stop making the same mistakes others have made? Isn’t it smarter to learn from the successes and failures of others?
* What if you had an avenue that allowed you to listen for the Holy Spirit to interpret God’s Will as it personally applies to you?
* What if you had a source that contains a storehouse of life-giving, energized knowledge, wisdom, and understanding for every season of life?
* What if you had your own personal guide written specifically for you to acquire practical knowledge of the best finance, marriage, family, and business practices proven over millenniums of time?
* What if you had a source that reveals how God interrelates with humanity and how you could better interrelate with Him?
* What if you could more easily identify the Truth and its implications within reality?
* What if you had a written script to help you better understand your purpose in life?
The Bible expresses the love, grace, and authority of Jesus Christ. If you want to serve the King of King, don’t you think if would help you to better understand what His plans, purpose, methods, and means are for you and for the sake of others? What if you spent a few more minutes each day discovering more about the Triune God? What difference do you think it would make in your world? It may not be a radical idea, but its implementation certainly is.
Rooting For You in Christ!
Executive Chair, Consultant, Encourager
Marketplace Bible Institute
& Resource Center, Inc
Author of e-Books:
* Great Business Emulates a Good God
* Be Radical…Follow Christ!
* Simply The Messenger
* Unequally Married