Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God. 1 Jn 4:7 ESV.
Per the above Scripture, we don’t manufacture love. Love comes from God. We are simply the agent that distributes love to others. Without the spiritual essence of God, we fool ourselves thinking we love someone when in actuality we confuse love with self-gratification. We make love an emotional feeling rather than a selfless act. Real love comes from God who is the author and manufacturer of love.
If you need a good definition for love, try this: Love is a Godly attitude expressed through a self-sacrificial act for the benefit of another. Rather than pontificate further on love, we will let a few Scriptures do the talking.
* For I desire steadfast love and not sacrifice, the knowledge of God rather than burnt offerings. Hosea 6:6
* By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.” Jn 13:35
* But if anyone loves God, he is known by God. I Corinthians 8:3
* Let all that you do be done in love.1 Corinthians 16:14
* …and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God. Ephesians 3:19
* And walk in love, as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us, a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God. Ephesians 5:2
* For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy,…2 Timothy 3:2-4
* By this we know love, that he laid down his life for us, and we ought to lay down our lives for the brothers. 1Jn 3:16
* Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God. 1 Jn 4:7
* Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love……. 1 Jn 4:8-12
* There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love. 1 Jn 4:18
* May mercy, peace, and love be multiplied to you. Jude 1:2
Let Love Lead.
Rooting For You in Christ!
Executive Director & Founder
Marketplace Bible Institute
& Resource Center, Inc
Author of e-Books:
* Great Business Emulates a Good God
* Be Radical…Follow Christ!
* Simply The Messenger
* Unequally Married
Does a Friend Need Encouragement…Share Today’s Message!