Enter his gates with thanksgiving, and his courts with praise! Give thanks to him; bless his name!
What can I give to the Lord that is truly mine to give?
He is King of heaven and earth and therefore owns it all. He gives us stewardship responsibility for everything at our disposal. How we buy and sell anything is simply the means of exchange – He still owns it all. Yet the one thing I can give Him from my most inner being is the absolute appreciation for everything He has done, is doing, and yet to do in our world called life.
The Bible speaks about the sacrifice of thanksgiving which is our attitude and manner of expressing the gratitude to the one who owns it all.
When we initially focus our attention toward Him, we approach His presence through the doorway of thanksgiving. For thanksgiving:
- Acknowledges Him for Who He IS.
- Expresses our attitude of repentance.
- Shows our gratefulness.
- Reveals our inner heart.
- Reflects on His story.
- Reminds us He is our Lord and we are His servant.
- Empties the self by replacing the self with Him.
- Restores the mindfulness of His daily presence.
- Helps us to focus on the important values of life.
- Rejoices over His salvation for humanity.
- Rejuvenates the soul.
- Gives glory to HIM Who deserves ALL glory and honor and praise.
- Everything else is His. But my response of thankfulness is all I have to truly give Him.
How do you express your thankfulness to Him?
Rooting For You in Christ!
Encourage a Friend…Share Today’s Message!