Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.
What has God given you that you take for granted?
Someone once said somewhere that the best things in life are free. Which means you and I didn’t earn them, but were given them from someone else to us without cost or effort on our part. A few include:
- The beauty of a sunset over the calm water of the ocean or large lake.
- A word of encouragement from a stranger or friend when you are downcast and feeling helpless.
- Sharing laughter with family and friends at the end of a long day.
- Having work which provides meaning and fulfillment along with a satisfying paycheck.
- Contentment and rest in Christ’s work of salvation for our soul and destiny.
- Discernment to determine what is good, better, and best of a situation.
- The committed love from another accepting you and you them for your entire lives.
- A relationship with the living Being who created the universe, executing HIS macro-plan for humanity, and moving history toward the culmination of all things – and has included you in the process.
- Having your eyes open to the revealed Word of God through the pages of the Bible and its practical implementation in everyday life.
- An inspiration or idea which led you to create a business or service that benefited others and yourself.
The privilege of being born in a country like America with vast amount of opportunity to grow and experience the riches of God’s creation without the bondage of tyranny.
There are many others you could list. These are just some of the thoughts that captured my mind this morning. But when you evaluate your life and look at all the gifts you have been given over the years without your direct labor or impact, who do you think was the initiating influence behind each one?
Over the years, I for one am truly amazed at how a holy Being can be involved in each of our lives and find the many ways to shower us with HIS love and care while we take the credit. The people, ideas, and circumstances that all seem to come together at the right time and the right place with just the right amount of impact only enforces my belief that Someone cares for you and I more than we truly realize.
And like a loving grandparent who wants to shower all good things upon their grandchildren, our Triune God wants to give us more than we truly realize for our good. In hindsight, every good gift that came my way over the years, is a reflection of a Good God who wants more for me than I can even expect. The same is true for you.
Rooting For You in Christ!
Encourager & Author of e-Books
Encourage a Friend…Share Today’s Message!