“By day the Lord commands his steadfast love, and at night his song is with me, a prayer to the God of my life.”
Prayer is the direct means of communicating with your Heavenly Father. Jesus maintained direct contact with his heavenly Father through prayer. Jesus taught His disciples how to pray. Prayer was Jesus’ main staple throughout his life.
As his disciples, we likewise have the opportunity to keep in constant connection with our Heavenly Father throughout the day. The apostle Paul instructed us to be constant in prayer (Romans 12:12). Prayer is the prime activity of a mature Christ-follower. (Acts 6:4)
Below are a few Biblical examples which highlight the impact of a prayer life.
- Prayer strengthens faith (Luke 22:32)
- Prayer heals people (James 5:16)
- Prayer builds common ground (1 Timothy 2:1)
- Prayer maintains your focus on God. (Jer. 29:12-14)
- Prayer empowers people (2 Chronicles 7:14)
- Prayer changes you (Eph. 3:14-19)
- Prayer produces Godly outcomes (Jeremiah 42:4)??
- Prayer opens doors where there are no doors. (Eph.3:20)
- Prayer is worship. (Luke 2:37)
- Prayer is offering yourself to God. (1 Kings 8:54)
- Prayer is submitting yourself to God. (Ps. 86:1)
- Prayer is our memorial to God. (Acts 10:4)
- Prayer makes everything that is good in God’s creation holy (I Tim. 4:5)
- Prayer personally reveals the power of God. (2 Kings 6:18)
- Prayer opens God’s Spirit in you. (Romans 8:26)
- Prayer is our incense to God. (Rev. 5:8)
- Prayer reduces anxiety. (Phil. 4:6)
These came to me just this morning. You probably could list more yourself as you pray and meditate on the means of directly communicating with Him.
The bottom-line: Jesus was a praying rabbi and so are HIS students. Learn the value, honor, and privilege of directly praying with the Creator of the universe, your Heavenly Father who wants you to know HIM and learn to share your life with HIM as HE prepares an eternal home for you. In prayer, you will discover a whole new world and way of life when you unleash the divine relationship you have with the Almighty.
You find yourself participating with an Infinite God in HIS work. You slowly learn HIS view on many topics. You begin a personal journey with HIM sharing your life with HIM as HE shares HIS life with you. You find yourself enjoying HIS presence while you live out your everyday routines. And if you keep a journal of your prayers and record the outcome, you will strengthen your faith and become more assured that HE cares for you and wants what is best for you.
Prayer is your access to a Heavenly Dad who wants HIS child to live a meaningful life being prepared to serve in HIS Kingdom for eternity.
PS: You may want to check out my latest devotional prayer e-book “Overflowing Prayers Rooted in Jesus Christ” (see below) if you seek a way to jump start into a more effective prayer life.
Rooting For You in Christ!
Encourager, Faith-Integrator, Scribbler
Available for Your Devotional Study:
- Stay Free…Avoid Worldly Traps
- Overflowing Prayers Rooted in Jesus Christ v1 & v2
- Dancing With God: Life-Giving Theology Explained
- Great Business Emulates a Good God
- Be Radical…Follow Christ!
- Simply The Messenger
- Unequally Married
Encourage a Friend…Share Today’s Message!