Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places…
There are days I wake up and simply marvel in delight like a young boy on Christmas morning after opening the many gifts which have been waiting for him under the decorated tree. Which one do I focus on?
When I stop and begin to count the extraordinary blessings given to us by our Creator God, I am likewise gratefully in awe. In hindsight, those gifts were always there but not recognized until the time came for our eyes to be open, our heart to be captured, and our mind a blazed at the wonder of His generosity and personalized attention to details. He bestows upon us what we need when we need where we need how we need before we even know we need. He anticipates our every need and want before we even arrive to the moment or before we even ask him.
I’ve listed some of His gifts to us that crossed my mind today while reading the Book of Ephesians.
- Chosen by God in Christ to be holy and blameless before Him (Eph. 1:4)
- Adopted into His family (Eph 1:5)
- Grace or unmerited favor overflowing upon us in Christ (Eph 1:6,8)
- Redemption which means immediate, direct contact with Him (Eph 1:7)
- Forgiveness of our sins (Eph 1:7)
- Wisdom and insight into His plan for humanity (Eph 1:8,10)
- Purposeful living (Eph 1:9)
- Eternal inheritance (Eph 1:11)
- Hope in Christ in everything we do (Eph 1:12)
- Worship and praise the true God (Eph 1:12)
- Sealed by the Holy Spirit (Eph 1:13)
- Guaranteed eternal life (Eph 1:14)
- Knowledge of Jesus Christ and His significance (Eph 1:15-23)
- Seated with Christ at His table (Eph 2:6)
- God’s workmanship (Eph 2:10)
- Peace in Christ (Eph 2:14)
- Reconciled to God (Eph 2:16)
- Citizens and Saints in God’s House (Eph 2:19)
- Temple of God (Eph 2:22)
- Boldness & Confidence (Eph 3:12)
- Power through his Spirit (Eph 3:16)
- Christ actively living in me (Eph 3:17)
- Rooted and grounded in love (Eph 3:17)
- Filled with the fullness of God (Eph 3:19)
- Access to abundance (Eph 3:20)
You could easily add more to your personal list. But I am sure we can agree He is the most generous and caring Father none of us deserve but are grateful He is ours.
I wish you and your family a peaceful and enjoyable Christmas!
Rooting For You in Christ!
Encourager, Faith-Integrator, Scribbler
Available for Your Devotional Study:
- Stay Free…Avoid Worldly Traps
- Overflowing Prayers Rooted in Jesus Christ v1 & v2
- Dancing With God: Life-Giving Theology Explained
- Great Business Emulates a Good God
- Be Radical…Follow Christ!
- Simply The Messenger
- Unequally Married
Encourage a Friend…Share Today’s Message!